How to Prevent Neck Pain While Sitting at Your Computer Desk
Do you feel achy and stiff after a long day at work? Are you experiencing neck or back pain? With the average American sitting for at least 6.5 hours a day, a sedentary life can have serious health consequences like poor posture, obesity, heart issues, and more.
How you situate yourself at a desk can have a large impact on your neck’s strain. After all, the average human head weighs 12 pounds and any additional bend has the possibility of putting an additional 50 pounds of force on your neck. Let’s dive into how you can reduce pain and find an effective neck pain treatment option.
Tips to Reduce Neck Pain at the Office
When you sitting at your computer desk all day, it’s essential to implement these few tips to help you feel more energized, productive, and comfortable in an office environment.
- Practice good posture techniques: Sit at your desk with your feet flat on the floor and your back against the chair. Your head needs to be in a neutral position to avoid curving your back.
- Implement workplace ergonomics: Adjust your monitor height and keyboard to reduce stress on your neck. Both tools should be situated at a level that doesn’t force you to slump or look downwards.
- Invest in a standing desk: Stand for an hour or two each day when you would normally be sitting to increase blood circulation. Standing desks are a popular option that allows you to adjust the height as you see fit.
- Minimize cellphone use: Avoid bending your neck to check your cellphone throughout the day, and instead, opt to answer emails on your desktop.
- Get active: Walk around every hour to avoid any further damage to your neck or back. Consider setting a silent alarm to remind you to get up and move to release any achiness.
Neck Pain Treatment in New Kensington
If you’re still feeling pain in the office, finding a non-invasive and natural neck pain treatment option is essential to achieve long-term wellness. When you visit the doctors at OptiLux Wellness Center in New Kensington, you can expect a professional atmosphere and personalized treatment plan that targets the root cause of your neck pain.
To relieve your neck pain while at the office, schedule an appointment at OptiLux Wellness Center today.